Other International Definitions
UNISDR - The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
In general, this involves managing resources, both in normal times as well as during crises or adverse conditions. The strengthening of coping capacities usually builds resilience to withstand the effects of natural and human-induced hazards.
- Mach, K.J., S. Planton and C. von Stechow (eds.). Climate Change 2014: Synthesis Report. Contribution of Working Groups I, II and III to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Annex II: Glossary. [Core Writing Team, R.K. Pachauri and L.A. Meyer (eds.)]. IPCC, Geneva, Switzerland, pp. 117-130.
- ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE: KEY TERMS, E. Levina and D. Terpak, OECD (2006) - derived from (European Spatial Planning Observation Network).
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), 2009. Terminology on disaster risk reduction, UNISDR, Geneva.
- ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE: KEY TERMS, E. Levina and D. Terpak, OECD (2006) - derived from (UN/ISDR, 2004)
- National Disaster Management Plan (NDMP)- (2016)