Cross-cutting criteria may refer to :
- casualties criterion (assessed in terms of the potential number of fatalities or injuries);
- economic effects criterion (assessed in terms of the significance of economic loss and/or degradation of products or services; including potential environmental effects);
- public effects criterion (assessed in terms of the impact on public confidence, physical suffering and disruption of daily life; including the loss of essential services).
National DefinitionsCouncil Directive 2008/114/EC criteria definition
Since April 2015, The Netherlands recognises  two categories in criticality of critical infrastructure:
Category A: at least impact on one of the following four impact categories:
- economic impact: > 50.000 million euro costs and damages, or 5.0% decrease in real income
- physical impact: > 10.000 deaths, severely injured or chronically ill
- social-psychological impact: > 1 million persons are emotionally affected or experience serious societal survivability problems (fear, anger, disturbance)
- cascade impact: this disruption causes failure of minimal two other (critical) sectors
Category B: at least impact on one of the following three impact categories:
- economic impact: > 5.000 million euro costs and damages, or 1.0% decrease in real income
- physical impact: > 1.000 deaths, severely injured or chronically ill
- social-psychological impact: > 100.000 persons are emotionally affected or experience serious societal survivability problems
Criteria for being critical are:
- Identify the organization’s key core business processes and their dependency on assets owned and managed by the organization (e.g., power plant, refinery, general ledger, etc.);
- Use impact severity table to determine an impact score for the loss/non-functioning of each key asset; and
- Classify all assets as critical when the criticality score is greater than twenty (20) according to the impact criteria table in  .
- Council Directive 2008/114/EC of 8 December 2008 on the identification and designation of European critical infrastructures and the assessment of the need to improve their protection.
- Règlement grand-ducal du 12 mars 2012 portant application de la directive 2008/114/CE du Conseil du 8 décembre 2008
- Voortgangsbrief nationale veiligheid 9 april 2015
- QATAR National Cyber Security Strategy (May 2014)
- الاستراتيجية الوطنية للأمن السيبراني QATAR National Cyber Security Strategy - Arabic version (May 2014)