Sistema informatico che gestisce e controlla entità fisiche in settori quali le infrastrutture civili, il settore aerospaziale, dei transporti, sanitario, energico e dei processi produttivi. 
A cyber-physical system (CPS) is defined as ICT and computer systems supporting, managing and supervising physical assets. 
Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are systems with integrated computational and physical components; ‘smart’ systems. 
Cyber-physical system (CPS): A system designed as an entity, or set of entities, with a specific purpose, or to meet a capability objective. A CPS should include a computational aspect (cyber) and a physical aspect working together to accomplish a task or function. The cyber aspect has a controlling or influencing role over the physical parts of the system, for example, the automated steering of a ship to maintain a planned course. 
Cyber-Physical Systems or "smart" systems are co-engineered interacting networks of physical and computational components. 
These systems will provide the foundation of our critical infrastructure
, form the basis of emerging and future smart services, and improve our quality of life in many areas.
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) are an emerging new category of interconnected real-time complex but controllable technical systems which incorporate both discrete symbolic computation and continuous physical processes in a sophisticated manner. 
Conceptually CPS deeply and widely embeds cyber in a mix of humans, hardware, infrastructure, and natural elements to sense, control, and actuate physical world behavior. The innovation of the technologies in the cyber part (control systems) plays a key role to bring intelligent and reliable behaviours of the whole system.
A cyber-physical system (CPS) is a system of collaborating computational elements controlling physical entities. 
A cyber-physical system (CPS) is an integration of computation with physical processes. 
According to this source the term "cyber-physical systems" emerged around 2006, when it was coined by Helen Gill at the National Science Foundation in the United States.
- ↑ Presidency of the Council of Ministers, National strategic framework for cyberspace security, Rome, Italy - Italian version (December 2013)
- ↑ Presidency of the Council of Ministers, National strategic framework for cyberspace security, Rome, Italy - English version (December 2013)
- ↑ National Cyber Security Strategy 2016, HM Government
- ↑ Code of Practice Cyber Security for Ships, DSTL (2017)
- ↑ NIST CPS webpage
- ↑ Poovendran, R., Sampigethaya, K., Gupta, S.K.S., et al. Special Issue on Cyber–Physical Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE 100, 1 (2012), 6-12.
- ↑ from Wikipedia
- ↑ CPS