The term is strongly related to the terms "Consequence" and "Impact" and further work is needed in order to distinguish between these terms. In some cases, the term "Effect" is also used as synonymous.
, though some practitioners opt to use their own scale.
For alike definitions, also refer to the term impact.
- EC COM(2006) 787 final, Directive of the Council on the identification and designation of European Critical Infrastructure and the assessment of the need to improve their protection, EC, Brussels 12.12.2006.
- GUÍA ANÁLISIS DE RIESGOS NATURALES PARA EL ORDENAMIENTO TERRITORIAL Subsecretaría de Desarrollo Regional y Administrativo (SUBDERE) Primera Edición, Junio 2011
- General Civil Protection Plan "Xenocrates"(Γενικό σχέδιο Πολιτικής Προστασίας "Ξενοκράτης")
- Province of Ontario’s Emergency Management Glossary of Terms
- OWASP Glossary
- NIST Special Publication 800-30